The SGA retreat was awesome! We went to Montara Farms in Clermont, GA. Upon arrival, we were assigned... er... picked rooms. The boys were very jealous that the girls quarters were nicer than theirs, as they had to sleep in the old stables. lol We played some get-to-know-you games and got a tour of the house. We had dinner, which was an Italian based meal with spaghetti and. alfredo. After dinner, we didn't have any sessions, so we could do what we wanted. We played an eventful game of Cranium. As I attempted to sleep, some of the group were "ghost hunting" and telling ghost stories.
The next day, we had a traditional breakfast with bacon, eggs, biscuits, etc. Afterwards, the GGC Student Affairs group came and gave a Q&A session, then the senate had a team building session with Tom, the advisor. We had lunch, then started one of the team building activities by Montara Farms. It was basically a treasure hunt where teams used clues to get from place to place with some challenges in the mix. I was on the blue team. We were a fairly interesting team, especially with the boys of my team skipping to places because we weren't allowed to run. My favorite challenge was the spider web one, one that both teams worked together. We had to get people onto the other side of the web, but couldn't touch the web, and sections were blocked off after usage. I liked it because I was carried through one of the middle sections and it was fun... and the guys were the ones carrying me, so I liked that. hehe ^_^ Anyway, the blue team ended up winning the whole hunt. Afterwards, we had dinner, then we went to the pool to chill out. Tonight was more of a chill, do whatever night.
The next morning, we had breakfast and started our 2nd. Activity, which was like the Amazing Race. I was still on blue team, but the teams were switched up a little, so only one person was on my last team. The race was more demanding than the treasure hunt. We had mountain biking, rafting, and a foot race to the end. But my team continued to reign victorious. Then we packed up, ate lunch, and went home.
I learned a lot during the trip. I got to know most of the SGA and how to work with everyone. One common thread through the entire trip was the myers-briggs test. I found that I am an ISFJ, ok I already knew that. But I was able to figure out how to function with it in the SGA. I had an amazing time at the retreat and I want people to vote for me next year, so I can go again! ^_^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment