Ok, not always, but in my case, it did. As I contemplated dropping Programming, the lingering thought was "I'm a quitter." or "You could have stuck it out and become a hero to yourself." But I had major difficulties with the class. *See my previous post for more info* While I felt relieved that I no longer had to endure that whirlwind of a class, I was slightly disappointed that I didn't "brave" it out like I usually do. However, today I realized that maybe there was a purpose for my withdrawal of ITEC 2150. For one, a couple days ago I found out that I could, in fact, go on the SGA retreat. I wasn't able to go before because my final was going to be right smack-dab in the middle of the retreat. But since I no longer have class, I no longer have that final, and I found out that there was still room for me to go on the trip. I am excited beyond belief about this retreat! I have never been on a retreat, so this is a new experience for me. I'm going to get to know the SGA crew better, participate in fun activities, and I hear the food is wonderful. 2 weeks from now, I'll be on the trip! :D
Another opportunity I got was a video opportunity. GGC is making a video to get new students to check out the school. I went to the lunch this afternoon to discuss the details, and so far, it sounds like a blast! They are filming next week, and if I had class, I probably wouldn't be able to participate due to schoolwork. But I love doing things like this. I like showing the positive points of the school (and poking fun at the negative. lol). I like this influence that God has provided for me. I pray that I can use it to honor Him and not myself, which will take some doing. But I believe God has me here for a reason. To think, when I started nearly 2 years ago here, I was a nobody. But now, I have influence. I'm the president/founder of Students 4 Christ, a charter member of the Grizzly Growl, and now SGA Senator, and a great GPA to help fluff up my resume. I just pray God uses all of this for Him, not me. Because if it wasn't for God, I'd probably not be where I am today. To God be the glory.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment