Saturday, August 08, 2009

Lessons Learned: Summer '09 Edition

Another year. Another summer. Another paragraph in my life finished.

As yet another school year starts next week, I have decided to do another "Lessons Learned" summary of this summer. While I haven't done anything extravagant or go anywhere exciting, I have learned some lessons from the experiences this summer.

-No school = stay out of loop.
-Mini-mesters are eeeeeevvvvviiiiilll!!!
-Perseverance does pay off.
-Backstroke is my favorite stroke of swimming.
-There are people who claim to be open-minded, but only for you to accept their beliefs. Don't expect the same treatment.
-I dislike West Coast Braves games with a passion because they keep me up too late.
-Most of Run Kid Run's songs sound the same.
-Forgiveness is easier said than done, but God is helping me with this.
-The existence of my 2 "Alaskan Cousins".
-How to lose a camera in 10 days. (Ok, it was 8 days, but you get the picture. ;)
-Nothing lifts school spirit in a new school more than one word: ACCREDITATION! Which my school has earned! :D
-I like filming for my school.
-That GGC actually IS working on those dorms.
-That just getting away for a wedding can be a vacation... even though we only went to Adairsville, GA which is only an hour and a half away. IT STILL COUNTS!
-Volleyball is still fun.
-Sunburns are also eeeeeeevvvvviiiillll!!!!
-That there is slight hope for a packrat like me: DEMOLISH MODE!
-SGA is going to be fun this year and I'm excited!
-That flattery shouldn't be a factor in friendship. (Another easier-said-than-done thing.)
-That I goof off way too much. (Ok, I already knew that, but it was evident this summer.)
-Photos that were meant for bad can be for good.
-Brooks Conrad should be our back-up infielder.
-Who knew a game of Cranium would make so many words become memories.
-That if you catch a foul ball at a Gwinnett Braves game, you can get a free Chick-fil-a sandwich. Now, what if one pops out of the park and hits a car? Oh well, they at least get a free sandwich! :P
-That God's word makes me stronger.

Now, that is a quick summary of my summer.

Well, that was my summer for you. Now, lets see what this Fall brings. :)

No comments: