“This Is Home” Switchfoot
This song is a great song and is currently my MySpace profile song. It is soft at first with a lovely piano intro and then blossoms into a traditional Switchfoot power ballad. The song was recorded for the Prince Caspian movie soundtrack. The video has clips of the movie embedded along with the band performing.
"This Is Home" Music Video
“All That Matters” Addison Road
Addison Road is a new female-led rock band. The song is ok, but I’m listing more for the music video. The video is fairly silly and random, but I like it for some odd reason. Maybe it’s because I like random stuff.
"All That Matters" Music Video
“Not Afraid” Stephanie Smith
Stephanie Smith is yet another new artist. Her song “Not Afraid” is on Air1 and is pretty upbeat and catchy. No video for this one.
“If You Didn’t Love Me” Phil Stacey
Phil Stacey was one of my favorites on season 6 of American Idol (AKA, the only season I managed to watch in its entirety.) He was encouraged by the judges to pursue a career in Country music, so his album has a Country bent. (No, I don’t have it yet, but I’ve heard samples) The song is upbeat and has managed to play over & over in my head while I’m driving. My only complain is that Stacey did take the Country route. He has a great pop/contemporary voice, and I wish that he did a pop album instead. Oh well, at least he planted this song (via his video on Gospel Music Channel) into my head.
"If You Didn't Love Me" Music Video
“MySpace Girl” The Afters
Oh my goodness, I was about to close without mentioning The Afters! “MySpace Girl” is an extremely catchy song about a guy who meets a pretty girl at a fast food drive-thru, and finds her on MySpace. The video is awesome because it tells the story and not just the band performing, as most videos do. Plus, it’s animated! Who doesn’t like a good animated music video!
"MySpace Girl" Music Video
I think I’ll take a break from expressing my opinions on Christian music today. I hope I can give some more commentary shortly.
2 comments:
I like the music videos that tell stories. In my opinion, they're less weird and cooler that way (like the Myspace Girl video)
Yeah, those are the best videos! :)
Post a Comment