I have been keeping myself fairly busy since school let out. I performed at Stonemill’s Talent Night on Wednesday. I felt like I did an awesome job at the rehearsal on Tuesday and I truly enjoyed performing. However, on Wednesday my voice wasn’t as strong and I don’t feel like I did as good as Tuesday. Oh well, there’s always next year.
Also, I have been attending NooB It. What is NooB It? NooB It is when Cynthia and Ashley A. gather a group together to go to the park and play volleyball, frisbee, or whatever we think of. We also have some sort of picnic. For the first one, everyone had to bring a snack. This past time, we got subs from Publix. Also, after the latter, we went to a Bible study at someone’s house. It was awesome! It was kind of like HBF, but without Mrs. Dietz cooking. While I miss my HBF days, I am super excited that I found another Bible study where I can hang out with kids my age and learn about stuff that is relevant to my life. I remember last year when we had CORE Group, a requirement to be a member was to have something that was service and something that was worship. I needed both, not just to be in CORE Group, but to live a Christian life. For nearly a year, I’ve been working with Stonemill’s youth group, which has been service. However, I haven’t really been able to find a place for worship, age-appropriate study, and fellowship since I started college. The only thing close has been The Well, a monthly worship event hosted by Church of Webb Gin’s college ministry, which pretty much used to be Stonemill’s college ministry. I love The Well, but it is only once a month and I am also the youngest one in the group. I like the fact I found this new study with some college (for the most part) kids, and our discussions are based on a higher lever than the youth discussions because the youth discussions are geared toward mostly middle-schoolers and some high-schoolers. Don't worry, I'm not going to ditch Stonemill's youth ministry, I have full intentions to continue serving. I just have another way to worship and have fellowship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment