So, this has been my summer so far. Rather bland. However, it is a wonderful detox from an excruciatingly painful and difficult semester. I worked my tail off this past semester and worried about my grades more than any other semester. Despite all of the stress, I manage to get straight A's once again, miraculously. I usually despise breaks because I don't have anything to do and no one to see. But this summer it is different. It is nice not having to worry about assignments and tests. On Tuesday, I start a swimming class that shouldn't be very hectic, but fun hopefully. During this break, I am also teaching myself Java to prepare myself for my Intermediate Programming class that starts in late June. I am getting tutoring from a professor in the mean time, so I should be a Java pro in no time.
Last semester taught me a lot of things. And as I have done several times before, I shall list these lessons learned so that I can look back on them.
-When a teacher assigns a certain book (especially when the teachers switch books in the middle of a sequence), don't use the knock-off or the book you had for the first semester. It will eventually come back to haunt you.
-Stay away from courses that have tests weighted at 20% each. No fun at all.
-Don't plan a fundraiser that sells food on the same day as a food festival that gives away free food. Epic fail.
-I have some OCD, and I can see it in my life. (Yikes!)
-I don't like accounting, therefore my plans of getting a business minor are down the drain.
-GGC isn't planning on getting more minors anytime soon. :(
-Sudoku puzzles are fun and make me think.
-Sometimes I let my schoolwork interfere with my spiritual life, and that needs to stop.
-Me + stress = Not good.
-The peppermint chocolate chip milkshake at Chick-fil-a is the best thing a person can put in their mouth.
-Adding teachers on facebook can be very helpful.
-Working hard and determination definitely pays off in the end.
-Waffle-fry boxes, caution tape, and water balloons can brighten a spectator's day... and relieved she isn't plotted against. lol
-That people want you to stand against the crowd, but when you do so, they are the same people who put you down.
-It is said that the road we chose isn't an easy one and that the world will hate me, but I really shouldn't care about that now, should I?
-That there are Christians who openly follow their own sinful desires instead of following God's desires that will bring us true happiness.
-That I actually have a friend willing to point out my flaws and tell me when I go too far, which is what a true friend is supposed to do. :)
So, there is my ranting about my semester. Here's hoping my summer continues to be a good one. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment