Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Things That Are Going "Swimmingly"

I know that was a rather lame title, but seemed to fit since I am taking a swimming class. I had the first class today. It was the typical "first day of school" routine (go over syllabus, meet the teacher, introduction to classmates, see if the teacher remembers that I am to be called "Blair" rather than "Jennifer" as I appear on the roll call). It should be a fun class. I like how 75% of the final grade is participation. I knew only one or two people in my class, but it should be interesting. As long as I don't have too much work for it during the second half of summer classes, since I will be taking programming as well.

I also met with Dr. Jenkins today. Last night, I got JavaWide to work, so I finally was able to program things. It is rather fun to make stuff, reminding me why I am an ITEC major. Dr. Jenkins seemed fairly impressed with my progress thus far. Maybe I won't fail Intermediate Programming! :)

Speaking of programming, it is time for me to work on more Java.

No comments: