Sunday, March 08, 2009
Wherever You Lead
During the course of the Christian life, there are times where God stirs something in one’s heart and then the opportunity arises where it can be made possible. Such a situation has occurred in my life. Several weeks ago, I was sitting in iLife (Stonemill youth group) listening to the worship music and coming to the conclusion that things weren’t the same. Ok, I’ve had that conclusion since the church move. But I needed a new source of growth for me, since I am unable to attend Water’s Edge at this time. I was thinking maybe I should attend the Sunday service at Stonemill since my mother lets Jordan go a lot more now. However, I thought about my previous experiences there and shot down the idea since there is truly no one in college, or even close to my age there. Then the idea of perhaps attending The Church at Webb Gin popped into my head. For those who don’t know, The Church at Webb Gin (which I will now shorten to TCWG) is led by both of my youth pastors from Sugarloaf Community Church. It is where Stonemill’s College & Career ministry relocated to as well. I had previously gone to The Well, but I heard somewhere that it was no longer existent. But God stirred up this interest in the church, so I facebook messaged my old college pastor and asked for the time of the service. I figured it would be on Sunday mornings (like almost all churches are) and since it would be daylight, I wouldn’t have difficulty driving to the Webb Gin area. The answer was slightly surprising. TCWG does not meet on Sunday mornings, but Saturday nights at 6. I thought about my options. I always needed a ride for The Well because it met on Saturdays at 7, and had dinner afterward. So it would be about 10:30 or so before I would get back. But TCWG starts an hour earlier and there isn’t usually dinner, so I would be back home about 8:30. Another thing is that Daylight savings time just now started, so it won’t be dark for a while. I felt God putting the idea stirred in my heart start to form into a reality. I attended my first TCWG service last night and realized that this is where God has led me. One reason may be because the sermon was titled “For such a time as this” and was discussing the plan God made for Esther, and about her obedience. I felt the similarity of Esther’s story, minus the whole killing of my people thing as well as other dangerous situations that Esther faced. God brought an idea to the surface and provided a way to achieve this plan. What was in my hands was the choice whether or not to follow God where He leads. I did, and now I feel like I am where I need to be. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am NOT abandoning my work at Stonemill’s youth ministry. But I also feel called to be a part of TCWG. I have a place to serve and a place to worship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment