Sunday, October 01, 2006

Birthday

This week, was my B-Day! I went to Youth Group, since it was the same day. I got a pretty big welcome, I felt like a celebrity, which was actually quite humbling. It's weird, one day you want to be noticed, but when that day comes, you get overwhelmed and wonder why you wanted such fame. However, it was fun anyways. The dinner was a variety of different things. Such as Mac & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, more pasta, and just a bunch of stuff. I was invited to sit with the middle school girls from my neighborhood before I went to CORE group. When we got back and before the sermon, they presented us a VeggieTales song, that I thought funny since it was my birthday and I'm a VeggieTales fanatic. Then a competition was in order. 3 girls & 3 guys were needed. I was automatically chosen since it was my birthday. The challenge: the teams of 3 girls and 3 guys were to stand on a chair with all members of the team on the chair, the goal was to stand on the chair longest. Morgan, Elizabeth, and I were the girls team. We won. Our prizes were CDs. Afterwards, we had one of funniest sermons by Pastor Drew EVER! Of course, when I got home, I got presents. I got 2 $15 iTunes cards, a bag of cinnamon mints, bedroom sheets, an iPod-tape connector, headphones (like my old ones:), Baseball cap, and I am promised to get a bowling ball case (Rolling!) & bowling shoes. I also have a trip to the Christian Store to look forward to. My birthday dinner was the next day, and we ate at Journey's End. Yum yum! Overall, good birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Blair, I'm happy you had a good b-day bash! Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, what does your baseball cap say, or look like?

insideout said...

It has the logo of my favorite baseball team.