Monday, October 23, 2006

Sweet Surrender

Bowling Friday taught me a lesson. When I bowl, there are coaches giving me tips to bowl better. I hardly ever pay attention because I've heard it a zillion times. However, this week I needed to bowl better so I listened to Mr. Doug's advice. It helped me. I got a 124, a good score with my new ball. I came to the realization that kids that are dragged to church are the same way. Those kids have heard the Gospel probably a hundred times, but they are not believers because the message is worn on them. However, when they need help in life, they will vulnerable and willing to listen. They may realize that life is better with Christ guiding them. Maybe these "immune" church kids will finally listen to the coaches, surrender, and make Jesus their Lord. Believe it or not, these kids need our help more than anyone else.

No comments: