So, out of my 22 years of life, I've never seen a snow-storm that froze Atlanta like the one we had this week. We got around 5-6 inches at my house this past Sunday night. It was kinda neat to see the snow falling so quickly. I also got locked outside the house and when I came back inside I had become the abominable snowman because I had so much snow on me. Ok, that's a tad of exaggeration, but the whole scenario was still quite entertaining.
School was cancelled the following day due to the snow. I was disappointed because I had 2 classes that day that I had not (and still have not) been to yet. One of these classes was health class, which is a once-a-week class on Mondays. The issue here is that since it is on Mondays, the next time we are to meet is on the 24th because the following Monday is MLK Jr. holiday. I figured school would be cancelled for Monday, and I got the text, cellphone call, email, twitter update, and facebook update to remind me, along with everyone on facebook jumping for joy that there was no school. Who would have known that we would get 5 days worth of these messages and updates.
Yes, that is how long this "snowmagedon," as it has been dubbed by some, lasted. No one in my household drove until Friday. My sister, her buddies, and I did manage to trek the mile-long journey to Publix on Tuesday, and again on Wednesday. Wednesday was more slick, so we walked slower. We still managed to get to Publix, as well as the Mexican restaurant. That was the perk of the whole storm. Other than that, we stayed home munching on ham sandwiches, Oreos, Pringles, and other snacks that we could find. It was a bland break.
I'm still on said break until Tuesday due to the weekend and MLK day. Needless to say, I'm excited about going back to school... again! I'm looking forward to being with my friends and getting back into the old routine. Maybe I'm just weird that way. Just maybe. :)
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Georgia's pathetic. Perhaps if the government would stop funding pork and invest in salt trucks to combat the yearly snow, we wouldn't have this pathetic, ridiculous problem.
Post a Comment