I was bored and thought that I would do a random post. lol School starts back on Monday and I'm kinda excited about it. I like hanging out with people on a regular basis. I'm taking 4 classes, all of which I've met the teachers. I'm taking Intro to Info Systems, Intro to Networks, Biology (for science majors), and Statistics. This seems like a reasonable load. I wish I knew how easy or hard Info Systems and Networks were going to be because if they are pretty easy, I could add another course. But since I don't know, I won't push it. On paper, these shouldn't be that hard because the classes appear like they would be easy. I'm kinda nervous about Networks because it is my first Junior-level (3000) course and Dr. Xu from my first ITEC class is teaching. She was a nice teacher and I did good in her class, but I've heard that she has toughened up a little. (And the fact the class is at 9:30 in the morning doesn't help.) Info Systems shouldn't be too bad, as it is a 1000 level course and I hear the teacher (who is also my advisor) is fairly easy. Statistics seem scary, but I hear the teacher is very easy and makes it fun, so that comforts me a little. Biology sounds like it would be fun. Dr. Brandon is teaching and I've heard he is a great teacher. Also, I met him and watched his presentation at the science fair at Collins Hill HS (Extra credit assignment for CHEM 1212 this past spring), so that gave me a little insight on how he teaches. Overall this semester seems pretty good.
One thing I wish is that GGC had minors. I would like to get a minor in Political Science, mostly so I can be motivated about researching issues to stand my ground. But I also like politics to an extent. I COULD get a double degree, but I don't know if I want to go through that many classes. That's why I want a minor in the subject. But GGC only offers one minor, Business Administration, that I don't intend on minoring in. At least GGC got the Political Science degree approved yesterday, so maybe I might get a double degree. I'm still thinking... and waiting for more music classes. ;)
Another thing that psyches me about this semester is being in SGA and Students 4 Christ. SGA is gonna be planning on a lot of stuff this semester. Also, I've been put to work a little already and it was pretty fun. Students 4 Christ is also gonna kick off. We're having a kick-off day and talk about what possibilities the ministry has this semester. Awesome stuff! Hopefully we can get some new students to join and we might can get stuff done for the glory of God! Grow together as believers, foster new believers, and help each other with whatever trials we face at this secular school. I'm praying to grow as a leader as well. I have felt that I haven't done my best and held stuff in when I probably should have stood stronger on things, but I'm going to change that this year.
Well, that's going to be my semester this fall. Let's hope it will be as good as I am hoping. :)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment