Wednesday, December 17, 2008

And Yet Another Semester Comes To A Close

Yesterday, I finished my final final exam for the semester. I have already gotten 3 grades back, and waiting for 2 others. In Programming, I got a 100 on the final exam and a very high A for the class. I was glad Programming was so easy, too bad I really needed to learn Java instead of Alice. I am going to have to teach myself Java before I continue taking any more programming classes. At least I’ll have a little longer since I dropped Intermediate Programming, now I’m taking a business class because of a prerequisite issue. In Spanish, I got an 82 on the final, but made a 94 for the class. Spanish was an awesome class and wish I could continue, but I keep finding out more required courses and prerequisites so I really need to focus on those for the moment so I can graduate on time, or at least close enough. History was a stretch for me. It was the most difficult class this semester. It was a lot of work, difficult midterm, and toward the end of the semester, my teacher would blame everything bad that happens in our country on the Republicans. While I do think that some are shady and I do lean libertarian, I don’t think that Republicans are the only ones to blame. I also do not believe that a professor should be so one-sided while teaching. I studied my tail off on Thursday for my final the following day. Dr. Gagnon’s tests are always difficult and I wanted to keep my A in the class, even if I did have a 98 going in the exam. I managed to get a 95 on the exam and 96.7 in the class. I still do not know the results of my Geography and Music tests. Geography was an alright class. I had friends in that class that made it interesting, even though I really didn’t take anything from it. In hindsight, I should have taken Spanish 3 instead. I would have gotten more out of it and it wouldn’t be too hard. Also, it would have made my 2 other Spanish classes count for something. Music Appreciation was better. Even though it was also painfully easy, I enjoyed it more. I can now annoy you with various music and give you the background on it. I learned a lot about music in that class. I wish GGC had more courses in Music, but alas, it does not. I got to record a song instead of writing a paper, which was good because I have been wanting to record one of my songs and gave me an incentive to finish. I also created a facebook fan page for my music and my song “Needing & Trusting You” is on the page in the videos section.

Here is the link for the page. Become my fan! :)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/J-Blair-Sanders/36718457786?ref=ts

Now I am working on another project, but this time involving a video. I am making a college life video to help fine-tune my video editing skills and create memories that we can look back at. When I told my sister, she didn’t want me to do it and thought I was crazy. So I added a question to the interview asking if I was crazy for doing this video for fun, not for a class. I interviewed 19 people excluding myself, and of the votes, 10 said I wasn’t crazy, and 9 said I was. I am looking forward to putting this video together, but I have to get a cable to connect the camera to my computer to edit. I’m excited though! I should get it finished during the break. I should write more during my break to keep me entertained until school starts back in 3 weeks. :)

No comments: