Sunday, January 06, 2008

Class Disappointment

I, as of yesterday, was very excited about school starting back on the 7th.  I had all of my ducks in a row...until they were kicked last night.

I was signed up for Dr. Barron's College Algebra course at 11AM, as well as Dr. Gagnon's US History at 2PM.  I was happy with this arrangement as I got a two-hour break to socialize, eat lunch, do whatever.  I also had a few friends who would be attending the same classes.  I was on top of the world... until last night.  Last night, I was looking at my registered classes to make sure everything was right.  I looked at English, Digital Media, and History, and everything was fine.  I look at math, and they switched my teacher on me.  I had Dr. Barron, who had been highly recommended.  However, the school switched professors for the section I would be taking.  The teacher I was going to get stuck with was a professor that had gotten negative reviews from several students I knew.  With some subjects, I wouldn't care about how bad a teacher was, but for math, I wanted a good teacher.  I wanted to stick with Dr. Barron.  So I look at my options.  Dr. Barron had a class at 1PM and 2PM.  I thought about going for the 1PM class, but that would get rid of my 2 hour break.  Also, 1PM was the only time Ashley had a break and we could hang out.  (It stinks that we are not in any classes together.)  I searched for more options.  I noticed that there was another History class at 11AM.  If I took that class, I could take Dr. Barron's 2PM class.  So I registered for the classes.  In History, I'll probably meet new people as it just opened for the upcoming freshmen.  I still get my break.  I'm getting the same teachers (unless the school pulls another fast one on me.) The only thing is that I probably won't be in the same class with my friends.

Even though, my ducks have been kicked, I still have to remember that God puts us in a certain place at a certain time with certain people for a reason.  For all I know, I could meet my future husband in one of these classes, or make a friend who I would not have met if I was in a different class.  Just trying to put things in perspective.  I am still excited for school, but my experience will definitely be different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when one door closes another one opens.

J. Blair said...

yep yep. I hear ya!