Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Midpoint...Well, Almost

Ok, so although the official "midterm" isn't until about March 9th or so, it is still the time where midterms come out of hiding, and evaluate how well I am doing in my classes. So far, I have no intention to drop any of my classes. Despite having the 17 credit load and the work that comes with it, I'm dealing with it rather well. I'm hoping to make midterm A's in most of my classes, if not all of them. I'm doing ok in Tech-comm. Databases had a little slip with one of my assignments, but I've caught up. Software Development is dependent on the midterm on Tuesday, but I've done well in all my assignments. Health... yeah, I got a 100 on my Vision Board project and a 96 on the assessment. I think I'm good. I took the Poetry midterm yesterday, and I'm waiting to find out what I got on it. I'm pretty sure I got a 100 on the ID section which was 40% of the exam, but I'm not sure what I got on the essay. As long as it is some form of an A, I'll be happy. I took my Management exam on Thursday and made an 86, but it was the first exam and I had to rush through the chapters to catch up. So far, I seem to be in decent shape.

As midterms roll around, I start to wonder what classes will be offered this summer and fall. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to wait a month before the school releases the new schedule. I just hope there is at least one writing course, preferably Creative Writing, and one sophomore-level literature course this summer. That would be a fun and manageable (hopefully) load. I'd rather stay away from the IT courses for summer, so I'm hoping for more English classes. As for fall, I'm hoping they have more writing classes and a decent literature course. Supposedly, GGC will be offering a Shakespeare: Film & Folio class, so I'm holding out for that one. Until then, I've got one more 3000-4000 level lit class to take other than that one, so I'll look at the options. Of course, I'll have to take Software Development 2 and probably Discrete Math, Management Info Systems, or another ITEC class. It all depends on what is offered.

So, back to studying, writing, and panicking over midterms. See you all once I find out I survive! :)

No comments: