Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Final Countdown

I know, I know, bad pun.

This next week and a half (ok, more like this week), will be crunch time for my school assignments. I am, however, just about finished with 2 of my classes. I took my Management final on Thursday night, and got my final grade for the class the following morning. Hooray for having one A in the books! My health class is just about done. We just have one class on Monday, but I have finished all of the assignments and assessments, so I'll find out my grade on Monday.

For Databases and Tech-comm, we are winding down as well. We don't have official class on Monday or Wednesday in Databases, but we have one small assignment and the rest of our semester project. Tech-comm, I just need to revise my persona one more time, and then all I have to do is show up to class for the next two days. Neither one has an official final, so after Wednesday, I'm done with those classes.

For Software Development and Poetry class, I'm not so lucky. Those are going to be the big classes going in finals week. I have a group presentation/paper for Software Development. Normally, I wouldn't be too overly concerned with the project, but I am also writing up the paper as well, so there is more busy work. After that, we have the final exam, which is apparently comprehensive and won't have too much from the midterm exam itself. I hope my note sheet can be sufficient. For Poetry class, I have a 10-page research paper due on Tuesday, of which I need to finish revising so I can have it ready to take to the school's tutoring center to iron out any grammatical errors that slipped my view. After that, we have the final exam. My professor said that the final should be like the midterm. I did very well on the midterm, so I'm hoping that is true.

Ah nervousness of the stuff I've got to do this week before my week-and-a-half of freedom. Summer classes start less than two weeks after Spring semester ends. I'm taking fun classes though. I'm taking Creative Writing and News Writing. Creative Writing should be fun because I know a lot of fun people in the class. My Tech-comm teacher is teaching News Writing, so that should be fun since Dr. V is pretty fun to work with. I'm looking forward to my summer.

But for now, back to work...

No comments: