That is most definitely the question I've been asking myself the past couple of days, as school starts back *gasp!* next Thursday! It feels like I JUST finished finals and now I'm a week away to going back?!? Say it ain't so! Plus, the fact that a chunk of my break doesn't count because I was ill during Christmas. I'm sad that the break seems to have been wasted. I need a little time to get over this past semester and rest up for the upcoming one! I'm taking 17 credits this Spring, so more time is needed! I also don't like how school starts on a Thursday this semester. A Thursday?!? In all of my 3 1/2 years at GGC, I've never started school on a Thursday. I don't even get all of next week off. :( It also doesn't help that Thursday happens to be my really long day, as I am on campus from 8am to 8:30pm due to classes. >.<
Speaking of classes, I haven't given the usual rundown of classes that I'm taking. I am taking 17 credits and have massive breaks almost everyday. Here's hoping I don't die in the process. I guess I'll order my classes in relation to the whacked out first week.
Software Development 1: 8am-9:45am Tuesday/Thursday
This was a "must-take" class mostly because, well, I have to take it ASAP for my concentration (which happens to be software development, go figure.) I was very fortunate that the professor was Dr. Brannock, who I had for Intermediate Programming. I just hate that it is at freakin' 8 in the morning. Me + ITEC class + 8am ≠ a happy (or attentive) Blair. Hopefully the class won't be too bad.
Studies in Modern Poetry & Drama: 3:30pm-4:45pm Tuesday/Thursday
Yes, a fancy title for a class that has me slightly (ok, a little more than slightly) concerned. 1) It is my first 4000-level class. 2)Dr. Fournier is the professor. Mind you, he is a good professor, but I got a B in his Brit Lit class this past semester, so a B is looming in this class as well. At least I know that his class isn't to be taken lightly, so maybe that will be the difference. In some ways I am looking forward to the class though. Anyone who is anyone is taking it. (Including the awesome foursome of me, Ashley, Christie, and Megan) Plus, I'm looking forward to going deeper into drama.
Principles of Management: 6pm-8:30pm Thursday
After 3 1/2 years at GGC avoiding night classes, I broke down and signed up for one. I've been putting off Management for a while, so I figured I'd take it this semester. The problem was that all of the other sections either conflicted with other classes, had bad teachers, or teachers that I knew nothing about. I heard good things about Mr. Martin, the teacher of my Management class, so I signed up for his class. Apparently, I wasn't the only one as it filled up quickly and now is at 35 students, five more than the cap! I'm wondering how this class will go because I don't know anyone who is taking it. Hopefully, class won't be hard as I've heard the teacher is fairly easy.
Technical Writing & Communication Practices 10am-10:50am Monday/Wednesday/Friday
Whew! Another long title! Oddly enough, this is another English class and counts for a writing/rhetoric credit which GGC has very few at the moment. This class is supposedly a blend of English, ITEC, and Business. It is an applicable English course that kinda goes up my alley, since I'm double majoring in IT & English. This class is another who's who of a class as a lot of Writing & Rhetoric folks are taking. I've never had Dr. Vollaro before, mostly because he is a new professor at GGC, but I'm hoping he'll be good. This class should be fun. :)
Choices for Life: 11am-11:50am Monday
Even though I avoided it in high school, I'm taking choices for life/health/wellness/whatever-the-heck-you-feel-like-calling-it. I'm looking forward to it because I'm taking it with some awesome folks. Plus, I'm taking Coach Spencer, my teacher for Badminton, so it should be fun. I'm not looking forward to the 10 walk (or run) between my Tech-comm class from Building C to this class in Building A. I'm gonna be exhausted when I get to class!
Intro to Databases: 3:30pm-4:45pm Monday/Wednesday
Like Management, I have no idea who is in my Databases class, so it will be interesting to find out. Dr. Pollacia is new, but I've met her before and she seems really nice. Of course, I know that doesn't necessarily make a difference, but I already know some about Microsoft Access, the program we will be learning, so I'm not too worried.
Ok, after looking at my class list, NOW do you see why I need a break???
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment