Friday, August 13, 2010

So, yeah, summer

My summer has been a strange combination between pretty dang awesome to ehhh. I had a great summer as far as courses go. I really enjoyed my Advanced Composition class because of the laid back setting. Also, I significantly improved my writing and became more confident in it. I also thoroughly enjoyed my World Literature class. I read all sorts of stuff like: The Odyssey, Oedipus Rex, Sir Gawain & the Green Knight, Hamlet, Romantic poetry, etc. I enjoyed the old Greek stories and the Shakespeare stuff better than Romantic poetry. I didn't like the various writers' mindsets on church, but other than that, I liked the class.

As far as the ehhh. part is concerned, I had a somewhat boring summer. Other than classes, I haven't done much. I haven't even played Volleyball this summer, which really saddens me. It seems like I'm always out of the loop. And when I'm invited to an event, it is a time that I am busy with family obligations or some other reason I can't go.

I can't wait for school to start back. I'm taking six classes: Advanced Programming, British Literature 1, Operating Systems, Spanish 3, Renaissance Literature... oh! And Badminton. I'm not too worried about this load. Brit Lit is going to be fun because I have a junk-load of friends who will be in the class, and those are the ones I know are taking the class! Dr. Kurkovsky is teaching Operating Systems and he was fairly easy the last time I took him. Plus, Operating Systems sounds very interesting to me. Maybe I'll learn something. Spanish 3 is going to be a fun class. I'm taking Dr. McGlone again, and I loved his class for Spanish 1 & 2. I'm taking Dr. Wunder for Renaissance Lit, so I'm excited that I get to take a class with her, despite it being on Friday afternoons at 2:30. Badminton shouldn't be too hard, given that it is a one-credit course. Plus, the fact that I have a couple of friends in the class is making me excited. The only class that I have any real issues with is Advanced Programming. I was fortunate to have Dr. Brannock for my Intermediate Programming teacher, but I'm taking Dr. Jenkins now. I don't know how they match up. I've heard Dr. Jenkins is hard, but is willing to help, so I will take full advantage of that! Hopefully, I'll do well and not drop the class.

I'm still excited about the possibilities that will unfold! The new buildings to open, the classes, a new semester with Students 4 Christ & SGA, so many new kids, a volunteer gig that will help me get a job I want, and so many new things starting this fall! It's gonna be a blast! :D

No comments: