Sunday, June 06, 2010

Lessons Learned: Spring '10 Edition

The semester has come to an end (actually, it did awhile ago. I'm really late this time!) , so you know what that means: my lessons learned list. :D Here goes!

-Calculus is as hard as it looks.
-Dr. Brannock is the best IT professor I have encountered thus far.
-GGC events work a WHOLE lot better when they are on campus.
-I know who killed Amelia Earhart!
-The freshmen of 2009 are fun to hang out with... which is good given that I'll probably graduate with them. lol
-That I can dance... or have a decent posse to root for me so it looks like I can dance.
-That God can open doors by shutting others.
-Jason Heyward is the BOMB! :D
-If you are struggling in a class, go to the professor and get help ASAP! If anything, the teacher sees your effort and knows your progress. This has helped me in multiple classes.
-Air1 Radio needs an Atlanta affiliate.
-That I am the type of person who needs to mentally prepare for a role... which in turn devastates me when I am turned down for said role.
-I need to hone my interview skills... or at least get some first.
-That I am "shy and awkward". (Shocker!)
-When core classes are more fun than the major classes, something is wrong! lol
-Facebook chatting at the same table is so yesterday... Skyping at the same table is what's in. haha
-Oh the things I do for free food... which includes dancing like an idiot in front of an auditorium full of people.
-Open Mic Nights are awesome.
-Carrot cake cupcakes are... yummy! :D
-I am gifted in administration, evangelism, hospitality, and service. Not so much in teaching or giving. That second part I need work!
-That I need a microphone when I do interview videos. (Those sounds weren't there when I shot that footage!)
-That being an official member of a church (baptized and all) is very rewarding. :)

No comments: