So, the Spring 2010 semester has been finished for 2 1/2 weeks, and yet, I am still in school as my summer class started on Monday. I had a Lessons Learned post, but I got a little ADD and forgot about it, but I should get that for you in the near future... maybe.
Spring 2010 ended on a high note: I MADE THE PRESIDENTS LIST AGAIN!!! It feels good to be back. The Dean's List isn't quite as fun. After weeks and months of dealing with Calculus, I managed to get out of there in one piece. If I can offer any advice for any college student it would be to get help from your teacher ASAP. If anything, they will see the effort. That worked in the case of my Chemistry 1 class a couple summers ago, and it helped me here as well. Intermediate Programming was easier than I thought. Dr. Brannock made the scariest class at GGC tame. I walked out with a decent A. Biology wasn't too bad to begin with and I ended up with an A. Dr. Brandon was a good teacher and if I needed him for any of my other courses, I'd sure to take him. Too bad I don't need any more bio classes. Overall, good semester. :)
Now, to work on my summer classes. I am taking Advanced Composition with Dr. Odom, and World Literature with Dr. Mosser. Advanced Comp is the class I'm taking now and I start World Lit on June 23rd. I really didn't want a mini-mester, but I really need this class because it is a prerequisite class for other english courses. I had heard that Dr. Mosser wasn't a very difficult teacher, so I figured that I could handle it. So far, Advanced Composition is a great class. We just have 6 people in the class, so it is very interactive. The whole theme of the course is non-fiction. We are learning how to write memoirs, profiles, literary journalism, reviews, and other awesome things that are right up my alley. Because I want to work with magazines, this class is going to be very useful. So far, I love it. I just hope I do well enough in the class.
So far, this summer is starting to come together and I'm starting to get things done. Speaking of which, I guess I need to get that Lessons Learned list ready. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment