Monday, February 08, 2010

Well hello there!

Hello again Blogger (and the small number of readers). Nice to see you. My life has been but a blur since the semester began. Programming is going fairly well even though it is a lot of work. My first 3 assignments I got 2 100s & a 92. Not bad since the highest grade I got over the summer was 85. I had my first test last week and originally got an 87, but she curved it so I ended up with 100.9! I really like Dr. Brannock because she is more of a hands-on person who focuses on actual coding as opposed to learning and memorizing concepts. Calculus is giving me a harder time. I've done fairly poorly regarding the first few of the quizzes & homework assignments. Dr. Erickson is a good teacher, but she tends to do the easier problems in class so we can understand it, then gives us harder questions on the homework, quizzes, and tests. I'm beginning to get better at the quizzes and homework, but the test will take time. I'm starting to get help from Dr. Erickson which SHOULD help my grade. Biology is going well. It is an interesting class. The only thing I don't like is that we have to discuss Evolution, a topic that I'd rather avoid. I'm thankful that my teacher believes in Creation as well as the everyday effects of evolution. That makes things less intimidating for me as I believe in Creation. My test is tomorrow, so I hope I do well on it.

As for other things, SGA is putting together the Spring Bash that is going to be March 25th. I'm getting excited for what we have planned so far. Also, GGC Idol is coming up and my audition was Monday, so I hope that I did well enough to participate again! We've also set a date for Night of Hope, April 8th, a Thursday. Good things are coming up at GGC!

I wish that the course catalog for GGC was updated to show what courses I can take for the English major. The more I think of it, the more I want to do the Writing & Rhetoric concentration as that seems like it would make more sense for an editor. I also wish that GGC would post the summer and fall schedules on Banner. I know it isn't even midterm yet, but I'm still anxious now that I get to take "fun" classes now. I've already figured that I'd take 2 lit classes over the summer. I don't know which lit classes, as it depends on who is teaching them and if they are for a full summer term. I don't want another fiasco like last year where I took a mini-mester. Never again. I figure for fall, I'd take for the IT part: Software Development 1, Management, and another IT elective. For English, I figured that I'd take Spanish 3 (YES!!! Maybe I had ulterior motives going into the English major. :P ) and either the last sophomore lit class that I didn't take over the summer (I need 3) or a writing & rhetoric course that is available. I'm kinda excited about the double major. I know that choosing a liberal arts degree means that I'm going to find people and professors that disagree with me. However, if you really think about it, no one can agree entirely on everything. I'm sure there is something that you (yes, you!) disagree with me about. Disagreements happen, but it takes a strong person not to let that be a brick wall on things. I want an English degree so I can be an editor. I'm not gonna let professors that have liberal opinions, or that simply disagree with me, to get in the way of me getting the degree to get the job I want.

No comments: