Saturday, November 28, 2009

Well, I Guess I Should...

...update the blog before my "break" is over. ;)

So, I have been semi-productive in my break: I got some housework done, went shopping for stuff that I have been putting off for a couple of months, as well as other stuff that I cannot think of at this moment. The problem is that I still have a lot of schoolwork to get done. I want to get some stat stuff done this weekend to prepare for the final exam. Also, I have a Biology paper about Stem Cell Research to do, as well as study for my lab practical on Monday. I don't have anything for Info Systems, and I finished my part of the Networks paper. (I still think it is wrong for an ITEC class to give papers. :P )

As for final grades: I've pretty much thrown away any glimpse of hope of getting an A in the class. I have already decided that I am not taking Dr. Xu again. I do not like the way she designs tests and grades them. She will ask obscure questions that we just learned and attach a bunchload of points to them, therefore making the effort I gave studying useless. She also takes off random points off questions and her feedback is telling me to review the slides... when that's how I answered. She doesn't provide adequate feedback. I want teachers to tell me what I did wrong so I can understand for the tests and final. That's how I learn. If she wants me to give her a very detailed answer, then I expect very detailed feedback. I am doing better in Info Systems and I think I can pull out an A. Hopefully I can do well on the final to make that happen. :) Stats I need to work harder. I got a 70 on the last test, but brought it up to an 85 with makeup points. I just need to do great on the final to replace the grade. I'm doing the best in Biology. I got a 104 on the last test. (Even though I could have made a 106 if I had read a question correctly. >.<) I'm glad I'm taking Dr. Brandon next semester since I do good in his class.

I am excited for this semester to be over, but at the same time, I know that I don't really get a break for Christmas since I have to work on Java junk. Blech! Oh well, hopefully I won't drop Intermediate Programming this time. There is so much that I want done, but alas, I don't think I can be effective until summer. :/ Also, I hope that I don't just sit at home the entire break. I want to see people. That is why I usually don't like breaks: I like to be around my friends, and since there is no school, I don't hang out with people everyday. :( I hope that changes this year. I want to celebrate the Holidays with people that I love. Family AND friends.

Well, chances are this will be the last you hear of me until finals are over... unless I can get away.

No comments: