Monday, October 26, 2009

A Snapshot Into the Life of a Very Busy College Student

*sigh* As I have a mere minute to spare. Actually, I kind of snuck it in there. *whispers* But don't tell anyone. ;)

So much to do, but yet so little time to do it. Today I finished an Info Systems test, of which I am fairly confident I did pretty well. :) I have had Networks, Stats, Biology also swirling in my head. I'm trying my hardest to pull my Networks and Info Systems grades up. At midterm, I had ABBA for grades. Those 2 classes being the 2 B's. If I had studied more thoroughly on the first Networks test, I would have an easier A. However, that 71.5 tanked my grade low enough that I have to bust my tailbone to get an A, so I keep trying to ease myself about getting my first B in 2 years.

School isn't the only thing keeping me busy. The SGA has been working furiously on the Halloween Party. I'm on the Activities committee, so I have been helping to plan what we plan to do at the party. We are having a costume contest, pumpkin contest for clubs, Fear Factor, and I pie eating contest (last time I checked). It is looking to be a good time. I'm going to wear my dress that I wore for the Masquerade Ball and make it into a beauty queen. (Miss GGC) I'm getting excited about it! :)

Students 4 Christ is also doing a big event. We are putting together "Night of Hope", a worship event with music, snacks, a guest speaker, and student testimonies. It is going to be November 13th (a Friday) at GGC. I believe we are starting it around 6 or so. I am excited! But I never knew how much went into planning events at school until these two events. It is so much. Lots of making sure everything runs without a hitch. It is very tiring. But I'm more than happy to be a part of it all.

Also, the school posted next Spring's class schedule. I'm taking Intermediate Programming, Calculus 1, and Biology 1108. I know it is only 3 classes, but they all are 4 credits so it takes me to full time status. Also, these are difficult courses (especially Programming), so I want to keep my load lighter. Speaking of Programming, it is also a hybrid class, so I don't know how that will factor into my success or failure in the course. It is Monday/Wednesday at 4:30. I've gotten used to the time, but it gives me a 5 1/2 hour break from when Calculus ends, so I'll probably be goofing off in that time. I am taking it with Dr. Brannock, who is new so I don't know how she is, but she seems nice from the ladies IT board. I am taking Calculus at 9:30 Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I was very bummed to find that Dr. Barron wasn't teaching it. But Dr. Erickson sounds like she is a good professor, so I think I'm good. I'm sticking with Dr. Brandon for Biology since he is a good teacher and I do pretty well in his class. It is my one Tuesday/Thursday class at 12:30, but the lab is 8am again on Tuesday. Overall, I'm rather mixed about the classes. I just hope they aren't too bad and that I have a good time in them.

Well, my minute is up, so I'll write again at some point.

No comments: