Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ahhhh, Breezes of Autumn

I like this time of year-mid September- because it is cooling down, but still warm enough to function. The breezes are so nice.

So, almost one month through the semester, I find it satisfying. Well, the workload satisfying anyway. Most of my classes are fairly boring, but I'm making it through. Biology is one of my more interesting classes. I got a 100 on my first test, so I think I'm doing good. Also, I like the teacher. Dr. Brandon is pretty funny and interesting. Info Systems is my least favorite class as I can barely stay awake in it. I have a project to work on using MS Access, which is a database. Networks, surprisingly, is one of my favorite classes right now. I really didn't expect me to like the class, but I like it. The class isn't that hard, and given that it is a 3000 level course I'm more confident about my higher level courses. I have my first test on Tuesday, so I hope I do well on it. Also, I learning to use Command Prompt in this class, so I am getting more technical in my skills. Statistics is an easy, but somewhat boring class. The bright spot is that Marty, the professor, is pretty funny. If I pay attention (which is rather difficult with a computer screen in my face) he cracks jokes about his life. We have the first Statistics test on Thursday, so I hope that it is easy. So, so far, not a bad semester.

We've got a good group for Students 4 Christ as we have had 7 or so students participate in the Bible study, and we had a good turn out with the 2nd meeting. We're also doing prayer groups, but we need to work on them more. We've got some business to do this week because of re-registration of clubs. I don't want to go through the whole process again, so we've got to work a little. Maybe we can get our Treasurer tomorrow. :)

One event that is going to keep me busy is Convocation. I was planning on going anyway as a student, but I was also invited for the President's List, going to be recognized for being the president of a student organization, and forced to go because of SGA. So, this is kinda a big deal. I've got a nice outfit for the event. (And not that horrible shirt and painful shoes I wore to the first Convocation.)

Another big day coming up is my 21st birthday! And before you break out the wine, I'm going to disappoint you by saying that I am choosing to stay sober. I have seen too many statistics showing how alcohol impairs judgment, so I'm not even going to bother. I do find it funny how many people freak out a little when I tell them that I'm not drinking on my 21st birthday. Is alcohol really that important? I have more in life to enjoy... and personally, I'd rather remember it. lol

I'm closing out as I have a Networks assignment to complete... or plan to walk outside with the fantastic Autumn breeze. I think I'll choose the latter.

No comments: