Friday, September 19, 2008

I’m Just Busy, Busy, and Oh Yeah, Busy!

*sigh* TIme for a breather from my very hectic life. Let’s see... I’m taking five classes, I’m the president of Students 4 Christ (which is an approved club in case you didn’t already know! :), I’m involved with the student newspaper, I’m on a dodgeball team, I volunteer @ Stonemill’s youth ministry, go to Water’s Edge or Teen Night depending on my mood, Bible Study on Fridays, and work for the said five classes. Is that a large enough mouth-full for you? I thought so.

History is the class keeping me on my toes. The reading is required and I worry if I have read enough. One good side, we host activities. I was involved with one this week. We had to represent a newspaper looking to spread its image, as well as explain what all goes on in major cities in the late 19th century. It was so much fun! The class interacted with us as we did the role-playing, which made it even more fun. I just wish there wasn’t so much involved with the course.

Geography has been pretty easy. I’m going to give a “two-minute talk” on Monday. I’m glad this class does not have that much work, or else I would be in trouble! The activities are more fun now that I’m getting to know the class better.

Programming has improved as well. We no longer have the 2-hour long lectures, but maybe 30 minute actual lectures. We show off our homework exercises the rest of the time. I’m having fun in this class. I am remembering why I am majoring in Information Technology. It is fun! The Alice program is so fun to use. The only bad thing is that now we have labs that are due every class, so it demands my attention.

Music is still easy and fun. We are learning about classical music right now. Quite interesting. I did not know that the intro to Amy Grant’s “Sing Your Praise to the Lord” was so close in melody to a Bach song. This is another class we don’t have a lot of work.

Spanish isn’t too bad. I took my first test and thought I got a either a high C or low B. To my surprise, I got an 89. I was happy. The class is fun. I like the teacher, class, material, and all that good stuff. As long as I can keep up with the homework, I’ll be good in the course.

I would write more, but I am about to fall asleep at my lap...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: