Friday, June 17, 2011

Lessons Learned: Spring '11 Edition

So, I know I'm late. We only got 1 5/7 weeks of break and 3 summer classes are very hectic. Here is my lessons learned for the past semester.

-Poetry is actually pretty cool!
-If you work at something, you might actually achieve it!
-Don't try to impress people, for some reason it never seems to work.
-Macs are still better than PCs (in my personal opinion).
-I need a new laptop case. >.<
-That I talk too much in some classes (coughhealthcough), when I needed to talk more in others (coughpoetry/dramacough).
-The Modern Poetry & Drama course needs to be split into 2 different courses.
-I like databases.
-There is more than one ITEC professor I really like!
-There is a lot of overlap in my classes, even with English & ITEC!
-I want the designated smoking areas to HURRY UP! :/
-I can be a little more outspoken when the need arises.
-Adults can still act like children... and I'm not talking in a good way. :/
-Networking and connections will be very useful.
-That while I'm happy about my school's growth, I miss the older GGC where I could find people easily. :/
-That some students are too lazy to follow the rules.
-That I'm becoming an old fogie who is noticing these tendencies.
-Snow is a beautiful thing... when not stopping the state for a week.
-2 hours for a caracature hat isn't worth it.
-That GGC can't make up it's mind on the classroom numbers.
-That I find it easier to study in the student center more than the library. (Weird... and no, you may not take my spot!)
-After church lunches are always fun. ^_^
-That I enjoy hanging out with friends rather than attending big events.
-That I've gotta get over the fact I'm graduating in 2 years, and just savor the moment--We don't know what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

Great idea for a blog post :) I think I will copy you, if you don't mind haha!!

I pretty much agree with a lot of what you stated.

J. Blair said...

haha Thanks Jenn! I'm glad I had a good idea! Feel free to snatch it! :)